Like the seasons, beauty trends come and go. Here at Cloud 10 Beauty we can’t wait to embrace the hottest trends for Spring-Summer 2016.
Fresh off the catwalk, we are ready to rock these looks all summer long!
Beauty trend: Faux Freckles
You spent years trying to cover them up, now it’s time to wear your freckles with pride! Freckles are historically known as an ‘Irish’ trait, right up there with red hair and pale skin, which is great news those of us who are already blessed with on-trend freckles. However, they freckles mainly arise during childhood and grow less noticeable with age.
So, how exactly do you go about creating the faux freckle look?
Here at Cloud 10 Beauty we recommend using a Brow Product such as the PIXI Endless Brow Gel Pen. Creating freckles the same shade as your eyebrows allows for a more natural look.
After applying foundation, simply use the Pen to tap on dots across the nose/cheek area and set with powder.
Top Tip: Don’t spend lots of time trying to make the dots look perfect – if they are oddly shaped they will look more natural. It’s as easy as that!
Beauty Trend: Blue Eyeshadow
Just like that, out of the blue, it’s back!
Blue eyeshadow is as hot as it was back in the 80’s thanks to Chanel where models rocked eye popping blue eyeshadow on the Spring 16 catwalk.
There are three ways to rock this look.
- Go all out, the Sleek I- Divine Acid Eyeshadow Palette is your best friend when it comes to colourful make up, who says you have to stick with Blue!
- For a more understated look, The Smouldering Eye Palette Olivia Palermo x Ciate London is just the thing to create a shimmery blue smoky eye look.
- Incorporate Blue into your makeup look by using Liner along your lash line. A favourite here at Cloud 10 HQ is the Teeez Cosmetics Sugar Rush Cloud Nine Eyeliner in the shade Electric Aqua for intensely colourful eye!
Beauty Trend: Slicked-Back Hair
Slicked back hair is HOT right now! The slicked back look or as we call it ‘Just out Of the Pool Hair’ is expected to sizzle right through summer 2016 with celebrities such as GiGi Hadid and Khloe Kardashian owning this trend!
To re-create this look:
- Turn your head upside down and blow dry hair at the crown to add volume, next blow dry the sides and smooth back.
- Use a straightener to smooth the hair; we love the Kardashian Beauty Hair 1″ Flat Hairstyling Iron which allows you to transform your hair from unruly curls, frizz or flyaways to red carpet glam in an instant.
- When your hair is straight, back-brush at the front hairline and at the crown to create volume.
- Add some Kardashian Beauty Black Seed Dry Oil to keep the strands sleek.
- Finish with TIGI Catwalk Camera Ready Shine Spray for a high gloss, smooth finish.